MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This agreement commences as soon as your order is placed.
- This agreement will become binding on you and us when we receive your DD details and your order.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges set for the Type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else
MEMBERSHIP FEES AND DIRECT DEBITS
- There is no joining fee and your direct debit will commence on the 1st of each month
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
- Fees will be shown on the website and from time to time may change, the price accepted on sign up is the price for the contract.
- Members are free to cancel and re sign up if any price changes are made but no refunds will be made under any circumstances.
- From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least 1 full months’ notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions and rules. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice, then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
- You are free to cancel your direct debit through your bank at any time.
- We do not refund any funds taken under any circumstances.
- Your membership will remain in force until the day before your next payment.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
- A standard 14 day cooling off period will apply to all new members
PIN ABUSE POLICY
- Your PIN number / Access Device (defined below) can only be used by you: Your PIN number / Access Device is issued solely for your use, as your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of a gym. You are responsible for keeping your PIN number / Access Device secure and confidential at all times. The PIN number / Access Device remains our property at all times (unless agreed otherwise and evidenced in writing).
- Use of PIN numbers is monitored: In the interests of the safety and security of all our members, use of PIN numbers and access is monitored and individuals using PIN numbers / Access Devices may be asked to provide proof of identification.
- What we will do if we think your PIN number / Access Device has been misused: Should we believe that your PIN number / Access Device has been used by another individual or individuals we may (in our discretion) decide to conduct an investigation. If we do so we will: (a) inform you, via email, that we believe your PIN number / Access Device has been used by another individual or individuals and ask you to provide us with reasonable assistance to investigate the matter; and (b) following our investigation we will contact you, via email, to inform you of our findings and our proposed course of action, which may include one or more of the steps set out in paragraph 4 below.
- Our Right to make additional charges and/or cancel your membership: If you unreasonably refuse to cooperate with our investigation, or following our investigation we have reasonable grounds to believe that your PIN number was used, with or without your knowledge and/or consent, by another individual or individuals, depending on the particular circumstances of each case, we reserve the right to take one or both of the following steps, which are in addition to any other legal rights that we may have : (a) to apply a penalty charge to your membership fees (and increase your direct debit payment(s) accordingly). The penalty charge will be calculated as being equal to the daily membership charge (that applied at the time of use) for each occasion on which your PIN number was used by that individual/those individuals; and/or (b) in the event of serious misuse of your PIN number, for example, your PIN number has been used on repeated occasions and/or by more than one individual, to notify you, via email, that we are cancelling your membership with immediate effect, and no refunds will be given.
- Your responsibility for another’s conduct: If we have reasonable grounds for believing that you knowingly provided your PIN number / Access Device to another individual or individuals, or allowed unauthorised entry following your entry to the gym (Known as tailgating) in addition to our rights referred to in paragraph 4 above, we may hold you responsible for the conduct of the individual(s) while on our gym premises, and liable for any loss we suffer as a consequence of that conduct.
- Access Device: the device, key-fob, or any other relevant security hardware device with built-in authentication equipment, issued or otherwise provided to you by us to enable you to securely access the relevant gym in accordance with the terms of your membership. Only one device can be registered to an account at any time, if you lose or misplace the device you need to contact member services to remove the device immediately.
- Members must be 16 or older.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the gym of which you are a member. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees in such circumstances.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by any event that is outside of our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable or responsible for outstanding monies paid to a Personal Trainer. Personal Training is arranged directly with the PT and not with jmpt ltd.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to any services that are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
- This agreement is governed by English Law.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules.
- To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your circumstances change.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To view our Privacy Notice go to our website
- JMPT Ltd reserves the right to end any promotion without warning at any time.
- Any prizes offered by JMPT Ltd must be claimed within 21 Days of announcement of the winners. JMPT Ltd have 45 days to issue any prize
- All Gym challenges are subject to fair play which is managed in club. Any recorded reps or times must be verified and signed off by a JMPT Ltd team member.
- JMPT Ltd reserve the right to redeem any prize in the form of a voucher or pre purchased credit.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 07950429. JMPT Limited
If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 07788-548738 or by e-mailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org